Friday, August 19, 2011

In Christchurch, from about the age of 16 onwards it was a very regular occurrence in my life to attend Scared Scriptless at the Court Theatre at 11pm on a friday night.

Therefore as we are kicking off late night improv at Q Theatre in Auckland in about two months, I am rather excited about it.

Instant Kiwis, it shall be called, see what we did there. Comedy with Power Balls! I usually hate ascribing a male anatomical characteristic to describe comedy BUT I also like a good pun. What's a liberated girl to do but swallow her principles and scream "balls". It also plays into our Jane Austen and Zombie show... so I wasn't talking testicles at all.

Really.

It is also quite exciting as you see this year I was to play Scared Scriptless in ChCh for the very first time. I was booked in to play last year but situations got on top of me...ooo er and I had to ... pull out. SO I was delighted to book my flight to Christchurch for April 9th, a flight that I booked on February 20th.

Awesome.

So then the ground moved for everyone and the Arts Centre which houses the Court Theatre is terminal it seems. SO no Scared Scriptless for me BUT instead Instant Kiwis for me and you. If you are in ChCh you can still see SS, just not in the Theatre where I got inspired to be an actor, but all over town. And if you're in Auckland we are in the brand spanking new Q Theatre.

It is exciting and a privilege to be an Improv company in residence at a brand new theatre, hopefully we won't leave too many skidmarks.



No comments: