Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yes yes yes, I've been dreadfully remiss in my updating of random cerebral leakages and I apologise.

I also apologise for the wank factor in that last sentence.

I also apologise to the person searching for "The Owl and the Pussycat Breasts" who came to this blog. I really can't for the life of me imagine what fetish you have but good luck to you I say.

SO what have I been doing you may ask.

Well as I jet off to Canada in eleven days (EEEK) you would think I would be head down bum up doing publicity, organising shots for Beaver Bites, and learning how to say "Put the hockey puck in yer five hole EH!" (That isn't rude if you're wondering.)

But instead I have been sucked into the vortex that is http://www.facebook.com/.

Facebook for the blissfully uninitiated, is the new Myspace. Myspace for those stuck in early 2006 is a website where old men pretend to be young girls to pick up other young girls. (Oh it's also a very useful marketing and networking website for performers and the like.)

Both sites involve finding friends, asking them to be your friend, then generally mocking them.

The difference is on Myspace the "friends" tend to be people trawling for you to buy their latest ITunes download or hilaaaaarious comedy routine, whereas on Facebook it's usually actual friends you know and aren't trying to sell you anything.

Well so far, I'm sure it's only a matter of time till I'm getting messages from someone wanting to sell me Owl Breasts DVD's but at the moment it's friends having fun swapping pics and telling each other things like:

"Penny is having a cup of coffee and a lie down as she's had enough of work today."

I know, GRIPPING stuff.

I did join some more socially responsible groups today like:

"Abolish Abstinence Only Sex Education" and "Against Gay Marriage? Then don't Get One and Shut the Fuck Up." BUT you can also join such ones as "I Love Spooning" and "I Could Eat a Knob a Day."

I know, MENSA Stuff.

BUT generally it's for wasting time and laughing. Two things I am good at and like rather a lot.

Then combine that with drunken nights out, chatting on MSN, emails and trying to find the perfect romantic hideyhole for a weekend of uninterrupted scrabble playing, and you have a girl looking more and more unprepared for a four month trip away.

Still at least I'm playing a lot of scrabble this weekend with a hot firefighter who I won't see for four months, possibly longer, and frankly I'd rather that than having all my undies ironed.

I'm sure you'll agree.






















My Profile Pic on Facebook. I'm sure my Dad wishes we still wore these so he can tell us apart.

















Half a Hot Fireman, A Whole Drunken Slapper and the Fabulous Noel.

OH and PS if you get onto Facebook don't forget to "poke" someone over and over again, it's too too hilarious.

No comments: