Monday, June 25, 2007

The weather this weekend in Auckland was, to be quite specific, shit.

When is wasn't raining cats and dogs and Shetland ponies it was blowing Gail through the pohutakawas and even tossing in the odd bit of thunder and lightening to really keep it real.

Those in Canada and Scandinavia (or Queenstown for that matter) might scoff at us quivering in a 12 degree Celsius day but to a Kiwi Girl with scarcely any fat on her bones (mpphhhwwaahahahaha) it was as cold as a look from Megan Alatini.

And I thought it was all absolutely bloody marvellous.

You see I and the "Hot Fireman" (he just loves that nickname by the way) were holed up in a bach nestled in the Waitakere Ranges in picturesque KareKare. We had enough food for a Kirsty Alley relapse, loads of DVD's to argue about (Family Guy was the Winner), sky TV with ALL the channels (though it mainly stayed on E!), a rather large bed for scrabble playing, some alternate board games (I SOOOO won), a guitar AND a fireplace with loads of wood.

See, bliss.

Now some Earth Mother viking mountaineer types might scoff at our lack of physical activity....um let me rephrase that, might scoff at our lack of actually getting our feet muddy out in the wilderness. They might call us poncy townies for never feeling the cool slap of a wet branch on our buttocks or for never appreciating the pungent phlump of a tui's crap on our shoulder. But to them I say "na na na na na", (I never claimed to be mature), because I loved every minute of my indoor hibernation.

I'm about to head off to North America to work my sizeable ass off so 48 hours of doing nothing but eating, drinking and watching Ryan Seacrest was totally choice.

I even went all Alison Holst on it.

Yes I whipped up two rather lovely meals ably assisted by Mr F.Man and we also chowed down on Sticky Date Pudding, chocolate ice-cream, cheese on toast, Corona, Bubbles, Merlot, Pinot Noir, porridge, enchiladas, chips, dip and the odd kiss or two. (I did say sizeable ass didn't I?)

Comfort Food all the way and I was well comforted indeed. I busied myself in the fabulously well equipped kitchen and took pride in going TA-DA as I placed plates in front of my willing assistant.

I mean good grief, you'd think I was destined for this house-wifing lark. But I'd just like to say it was only for a weekend AND if I ever do get married I'm still not changing my name for any MAN!

OK where was I?

Oh yes, back in The Real World and unfortunately no, I don't mean a re-run on MTV, I mean packing up my room, tidying my office and retouching my roots before I jet off. There's a lot to organise before I flash my Hot Pink Bits to North America, but even though it's pissing it down outside, thanks to my willing assistant, I have a rather infectious toasty warm smile on my face.

TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

And some snaps of when we finally left................

















Someone put some Sunlight Liquid into Piha Beach!


















I Can Sing a Rainbow was in my head for hours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky in Love eh Penny.

Signed

King of the road